1. Go to
BUSINESS -> VACCINATIONS -> REMINDERS
2. The form that appears shows when the past first and second vaccination reminder processing has been done.
3. To run first vaccination reminders, press the FIRST REMINDER button. A dialog box will appear showing the past parameters for the first reminders, and this period's parameters.
4. The user can change the due date range for the reminders, but it will default to the logical periods from the previous processing.
5. Press the OK button to start the first reminder processing.
6. Press CANCEL to discontinue the process.
7. The AHMS will process all pets/animals for vaccinations due.
8. After completion, it will prompt the user to print the vaccination reminders, which will automatically appear after pressing OK. The Small Animal reminders default to printing on the popular post cards (laser format, 3 per page), but can be fully customized.
9. The report will then be previewed, showing the first page of Small Animal reminders. On the menu, go to REPORT -> PRINT, then select the range to print. Continue until the reminders are printed. Go to REPORT -> CLOSE to complete the Small Animal vaccination reminders.
NOTE: It is advised for large or multiple reminders, that a minimum of pages are first produced and reviewed for accuracy and correct type of reminder sought. In order to print a minimum of pages, go to REPORT -> PRINT, then select PRINT PAGE RANGE and enter from 1 to 5 pages, then PRINT. This will provide the first five pages for review. Once you are sure this is the reminder you are seeking, you can request a complete printing of the reminder.
10. The user will then be prompted to prepare for Large Animal vaccination reminders. These reminders default to printing on standard letter paper, with the address set up to appear in windowed envelopes.
11. The report will then be previewed, showing the first Large Animal reminder letter. On the menu, go to REPORT -> PRINT, then select the range to print. Continue until the letters are printed. Go to REPORT -> CLOSE to complete the Large Animal reminder letters.
12. Now, press the SECOND REMINDER button to process second reminders.
13. Second reminders are sent to all clients that have not had their pets/animals vaccinated and are past due.
14. It is recommended to run second reminders with the same period (either weekly or monthly).
15. The second reminders are set for vaccinations that were due either the week or month in the past.
16. Allow some lag time for mailing and appointments. For example, if you sent the second reminders on the 1st of October, set the past due dates from August 16 to September 16.
You can also now process Third and Fourth Reminders!
The REMINDER COMMENT button allows the user to type a message that will appear at the bottom of every reminder.
The PETS DUE button will display the pets/animals that were found due by the process.
The DETAILS button allows the user to look up the clients and their pets/animals to see which reminders were sent, and how often.
After setting up
vaccination/preventative names and periods, it's necessary
to designate which items will be included in First, Second,
Third and Fourth Reminders.
Setting Vaccination/Preventatives For First Reminders
Designate a 'Yes' in the First Reminder field for vaccinations to be included in First Reminders. Set the field to 'No' to exclude that vaccination/preventative.
Setting Vaccination/Preventatives For Second Reminders
Designate a 'Yes' in the Second Reminder field for vaccinations to be included in Second Reminders. Set the field to 'No' to exclude that vaccination/preventative.
Setting Vaccination/Preventatives For Third Reminders
Designate a 'Yes' in the Third Reminder field for vaccinations to be included in Third Reminders. Set the field to 'No' to exclude that vaccination/preventative.
Setting Vaccination/Preventatives For Fourth Reminders
Designate a 'Yes' in the Fourth Reminder field for vaccinations to be included in Fourth Reminders. Set the field to 'No' to exclude that vaccination/preventative.
First Reminders are sent to remind all clients of ensuing vaccinations due on their pets/animals for some period in the future. Allow some lag time for mailing, so that the client receives the reminder just before the vaccinations are due. This method has been proven to be most successful in encouraging the client to call immediately for an appointment. If sent too far in advance, the reminders are generally set aside, and forgotten or lost. It is recommended to run reminders either weekly or monthly, and that first reminders are set for vaccinations due the week or month ahead.